Strawberries are coming soon! Here is a little video to see what you can expect this season.
Ontario Berries are Number One!
Where does your milk come from?
Even though this video features Holstein cows, our milk gets shipped the same way.
Agriculture More than Ever
Here at Meadow Lynn Farms, we love Agriculture. Find out what other farmers have to say about their farms.
On Saturday March 16, 2013 Thomas was awarded the Youth of Distinction Award at the Jersey Canada Annual General Meeting in Trenton, Ontario.
This award is presented to outstanding Jerseymen ages 25 or younger. Thomas was recognized for his achievements within the Jersey Breed, within agriculture and within the local community.
Some of Thomas's accomplishments to receive this award include:
- taking over the breeding, flushing, embryo sales and herd marketing at Meadow Lynn
- Participating in the National Jersey Show at the Royal Winter Fair
-Graduating from the University of Guelph BSc Agriculture, Hon. 2011
- Graduate of the 4-H program & Gay Lea Award recipient for the completion of 24 clubs
- Norfolk Outstanding 4-H Senior Member Award
-Class Representative on the Central Students Association at the University of Guelph
- Ontario Provincial Agriculture Colleges Winter Games team
-North American Champions for the OAC Weeds team
- Chair of the Youth Participation Committee at Norfolk County Fair 2011, 2012, & 2013
- President of Haldimand-Norfolk Junior farmers in 2011 & 2012
to find out more about this award, check out the Jersey Canada Website:
This past year, Sarah and Thomas had about 40 taps in for sap. It started out to be a slow season, but by the end March, they had enough syrup to last them a lifetime
Meadow Lynn Farm Peanuts !
Can you spot our peanuts being harvested in the video below? To try a taste- head to Kernel Peanuts!
Meadow Lynn Farms Blog is written by Sharon Judd and Sarah Harrigan.